Sparkling Spiced Cider
Looking for a fun beverage for your next fall gathering? Infuse cider with your favorite fall baking spices and add bubbles—either sparkling juice or the adults-only prosecco. This Sparkling Spiced Cider is easy enough to pull off for unexpected guests. Don’t forget the sliced fruit for the punch bowl. It takes it to the next level! Serving this punch warm is a nod to mulled wine and the chillier temps. The addition of sparkling wine or juice keeps it festive.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups pear juice
- 1 (750ml) bottle prosecco or sparkling pear juice
- 4 oranges, sliced, divided
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a 6-quart stockpot, bring apple cider, pear juice, half of the orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise to just under a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully strain into a large serving vessel; top with prosecco or sparkling pear juice. Serve warm; garnish with remaining orange slices, apple slices, and fresh thyme sprigs.